Enterprise Merthyr was a two year Welsh Government pilot project starting in September 2019. The project supported individuals that were experiencing difficulties and facing barriers, helping them to think about an alternative route and to, learn about what was needed to make a business idea a success.
The project examined the demographics and key statistics for the Borough and supported efforts to address the socio-economic challenges.
The Enterprise Facilitator, Carmel Barry worked with:
- Merthyr Enterprise Steering Board & Forum
- Merthyr Economic Growth Forum including Town Centre Partnership
- Job Centre +/Universal Credit & New Enterprise Allowance
This work is now embedded in the Merthyr community and continues to build on this work and importantly, the investment by Welsh Government.
- 769 people – we engaged with
- 157 people – we supported
- 42 people – started a business